StencilGirl - Mountain Pasture Stencil Small
Regular price $13.00
Nature lovers and landscape artists will recognize how to put this stencil by Jennifer Evans to good use. The horizontal and vertical lines in this design allow for close-up studies of different terrain: rocks, hills, grasses, puddles, trails, evergreens, mountains and plains.... Or, you can combine them all into one design, as in the example below.
Step-by-Step Tutorial from Jennifer:
1) Place the stencil over watercolor paper. Brush in colors for sky, mountains and grasses.
2) Continue with neutral colors for rocks and trail.
3) Carefully remove stencil. It's okay if some of the watercolor seeps under the stencil; it won't be perfect.
4) While the watercolor is still wet, drop warm colors (red/yellow/pink) into the mountain area. Let dry. If desired, add vertical green brushstrokes for greenery and spatter blues/greens over the terrain.
5) Use watercolor pencils to roughly outline some of the rocks and sketch detail into the trail and grassy foreground. Use plain water on your brush to blend any details and adjust colors.